1. Introduction and General Terms
- what information Nissan may collect about you;
- how Nissan will use information we collect about you;
- when Nissan may use your details to contact you;
- whether Nissan will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the 1988 and 2003 Irish Data Protection Acts.
The Site may contain hyperlinks to sites owned and operated by third parties. These third party sites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these sites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party sites and your use of such sites is at your own risk.
2. What information will Nissan collect about me?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- your name;
- your email address;
- the time and date of your visit;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of [registering to use our Site], [subscribing to a service we provide], [posting material on our Site] [requesting further services] [entering a competition or promotion] [making an order] [requesting information from us] [submitting comments];
- we may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- [details of transactions you carry out on our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders;]
- details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access;
3. How will Nissan use the information they collect about me?
The information collected is used for Nissan’s business purposes, which is the marketing of the sale of Nissan cars and associated products and services. By sending Nissan information, you agree that such information is not confidential and that Nissan can use the information.
Nissan will keep and use this information (and any other information which it may hold about you from time to time) now and in the future (i) to provide you with information on products and services which may be of interest to you; (ii) for the purposes of conducting market research; and (iii) to provide you with agreed goods and services. Nissan will also disclose this information to the Nissan Authorised Dealer Network, and other companies for the above purposes. If you prefer this not to happen, please tick the relevant box on any form where you submit any details.
Nissan or an Authorised Dealer may, in particular, use your telephone number to call you.
If you are an existing customer, Nissan will use your personal information in order to administer its relationship with you. An example might be that you have a contract of lease or hire. Nissan may be legally obliged to keep that information on file after the end of the relationship. IP addresses may be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use.
Where Nissan proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will Nissan contact me?
Nissan may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Nissan can deliver the services to you;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Nissan services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have not asked to be excluded from this.
5. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
6. How long will Nissan keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service.
7. Can I find out what personal information Nissan holds about me?
Under the 1988 and 2003 Data Protection Acts you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Nissan holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
If you need to contact Nissan, or if you have any questions relating to data protection. please write to Nissan Ireland, Cedar House, Park West Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12, Ireland. You can e-mail Nissan on email@example.com.
9. Cookies Policy – Information Nissan collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a site’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and can allow us to tailor the Site to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the www.nissan.ie features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our strengths in schools pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight educational information on your second and subsequent visits.
- “Authorised Dealer” means a member of the Authorised Dealer Network
- “Authorised Dealer Network” means the persons appointed by Nissan as authorised dealers in Ireland
- “Nissan” means Nissan Ireland having its registered office at 1 Stokes Place, St Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2, Ireland and having company number 57839.